Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 March 2009

JHB - SYD

We were dropped off by the lovely Chookie at JHB, and we continued on our way.

I have to say that frankly Quantas is NOT British Airways, I was underwhelemd by the experience and the size of the seat. Also the staff were a little team of their own and we (the cattle in the seats) were something of an obstacle for the conitinuation of their banter. Hmmph!

We got to Sydney and we were imeadiately taken for a ride by a man with a limo - but that was OK it was a nice car - and we got to the hotel OK

After showers and and calming down a bit we went to a place called "the Three Aces Sports Bar" which looked to me like a betting shop where you could drink as well.

After doing a bit of a launderette thing (in which I did not initially wash my clothes I simply tumble dried them dirt and all - but soon rectified) I found a . . .

Fantastic bar called Macquarie Hotel across the road where there was a fantastic jazz band (young chaps in modern shirts) playing a really good set in front of a suitable dinjy red vlevet curtain and a small but very appreciative audiance. I was in heaven.

The keyboard was a proper Hammond EK3, and was connected (how brilliant) to a proper lesley speaker. (Look itl up Gabriel - electronica of legend).

I suddenly felt very carefree and happy.

Tomorrow we have an alarm call at 0600 local time for a shuttle to the airport, and onwards to Aukland.

When we get there I will upload more pictures and furnish you with more deatails.

I think of you all the time and even though it's a great experinece I look forward to seeing you all again.

Love is life

Me
Mum
&
The world.

No comments:

Post a Comment